Color: Intense violet with blackish tints of high intensity, deep.
Nose: attractive seduction of ripe plums and graphite, typical of high altitude areas. It is combined with chocolate, contributed by its passage in barrels of French oak of first use.
Mouth: complex but pleasant, recalling the sweet tannins of the Malbec and the kindness reached by its maturation in barrels.
- Varietal composition: 100% Malbec.
- Alcohol: 14.60%.
- Serving temperature: 57-60 °F
- Presentation: 750 cc.
- Time of aging: from 4 to 6 years.
- Vineyard location: Luján de Cuyo, 873 m asl.
- Vineyard age: 25 years.
- Soil: Sandy loam.
- Irrigation system: Drip.
- Harvest mode: Manual in 17 kg boxes.
- Grape ripening: End of March.
- Yield: 6,000 kg/ha.
- Vinification: A prefermentative maceration is made in cold for 4 to 5 days. Then a traditional fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks, with the addition of selected yeasts and exhaustive temperature control. This fermentation lasts between 15 to 20 days and once finished, it is given the optimal conditions to spontaneously activate the malolactic fermentation.
- Then begins the aging to achieve the friendliness of the wine, where in this case is carried out largely in French oak barrels and, a smaller percentage in stainless steel tanks.